Dr. Andrew Rummel is an eye doctor second to none in experience and patient care.
Dr. Rummel holds a Bachelors’ degree in Chemistry from Southern California College and a Doctor of Optometry from Nova Southeastern University.
As a former engineer, Dr. Rummel has a unique and thorough understanding of technical eye care, and he has received honors in binocular vision, pediatrics and clinical outreach to underserved communities. His experience is extensive, and includes Independent diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma, LASIK co-management, diagnosis and treatment of ocular diseases and diagnosis of systemic conditions.
Dr. Rummel believes his success in eye care has stemmed from being kind and generous to his patients and listening to what they need every step of the way.
Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. Optometric physician, May 2000 College Courses 1994-1995
Southern California College, Costa Mesa, CA Bachelor Chemistry, May 1992
CDCR and California state hospital 2006-2015.
Contracting with State of California hospital and multiple medical facilities.
Private practice (2003-2017).
San Diego and San Jose, CA Director, business owner, and manager of a private full-scope eye clinic, optical, and lab.
Vista (2000-2003). Evergreen, CO Director of full-scope clinics simultaneously. Management LASIK and Cataract surgery. Complete eye care from technical prescriptions to eye disease treatment including diagnosis and treatment of eye disease
Ophthalmology Sight Foundation (2000) Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. .Diagnosis of ocular and systemic conditions, Neuro-ophthalmology. Pre and post operation eye surgery. Treatment of glaucoma. Complete anterior and posterior segment analysis and treatment. Systemic and topical prescription prescriptions.
CA license 11823 TLG
Other Professional Experience
Environmental Health and Safety Engineer
Ricoh Electronics, Irvine, CA 1993-1994
- Responsible for the safety and health of over 200 personnel.
- Directed health and safety meeting advising directors and personnel.
- Reduced cost and liability
- Speech and Leadership courses
- Ricoh Electronics 1992-1993 of LASER toner.
- Management of technicians in research and development
Other Languages: Ability to perform basic history and exam in Spanish
Achievements, Honors, Community Involvement and Professional Affiliations
- President’s highest honors for scholastic performance
- Presidential honor scholarship
- Vanguard Leadership Award
- Clinical Honors Outreach
- Clinical Honors: Professionalism, Geriatrics, Pediatrics, BV
- Science scholarships
- Appreciation for outstanding tutoring
- Toastmaster Speech Awards
- Kindergarten and grade school vision screenings
- Special Olympics and vision screening volunteer and coordinator
- Cum Laude